Thursday, August 3, 2017

The Jesus Storybook Bible: Every Story Whispers His Name Book Review

*This book was purchased by myself & no compensation has been received. Opinions are 100% my own. 

I have always been excited to share my faith in God with my daughter. She and I both enjoy sharing a nightly bedtime story together. So, I went in search of finding a book that could combine both. What I found that did a wonderful job of serving both purposes is The Jesus Storybook Bible: Every Story Whispers His Name by Sally Lloyd-Jones. 

My thoughts: 

What I really find amazing is how each and every story points to Jesus and His love for us. It is elegantly written in a very casual, easy-to-understand way. The style it is written in makes it easy for little ones to understand why we need Jesus in our lives. Another feature I think is important is that the author didn't skip over some of the tougher stories like the events leading up to the crucifixion. 

Not only is this book well-written but it is splendidly illustrated as well. The pictures make the stories come to life. They are vibrant and really grab my daughter's attention. The combination of the wording and the pictures seem to make my daughter enjoy reading this book by herself, too. 

Each story is about 5 minutes long which I think makes it easier not to lose your child's attention. 

My overall opinion:
I believe this book is a great tool for parents to introduce their children to the story of God and His love for us. I think it would make a terrific baby shower, birthday or Christmas gift. 

Price: I found the hardcover edition online for just over $13. An awesome deal, in my opinion. 

I hope you have enjoyed reading my review and hope you will find this book as big a blessing as we have. 

Like this post? Get the latest updates in your mailbox, just subscribe HERE . 

Follow me on Facebook . 


2 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly, thanks so much for visiting Sweet Sensations and leaving such kind comments. Your review here is quite thoroughly and very relevant. I love that the book explains difficult situations in a way that little ones can understand and not be frightenened.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by & leaving me a very thoughtful comment as well. Have a blessed day.

      Delete

Please leave a comment! Thanks for stopping by.